BABISG is a non-profit organization and information resource funded through private donations. The Bay Area Brain Injury Support Group (BABISG) is a nonprofit group that was founded in order to provide the Houston Bay Area with a support resource for the Houston Bay Area brain injury community. Our goal is to provide survivors and/or caregivers with a stress free, comfortable, informative, confidence building, and fun social outlet. Our objective is to help the brain injured feel confident knowing that they have friends who know from their own experiences what they’ve been through as well as the challenges that they continue to endure every day.
Who are we?
The BABISG was founded in 2008 after we discovered that there were no real support groups in the Clear Lake area that were specifically for those with brain injuries. We meet at the Gateway church every first Tuesday at 6:30 PM.Purpose of BABISG
- Provide socialization for individuals with all types of brain injury and their families/friends.
- Educate the community about brain injury.
- Supply members and the community with both local and national resources.
- Offer support and coping strategies.
Why join us?
- Interact with like survivors
- Improve coping skills
- Share success stories and goals
- Help caregivers and survivors